Careers / Financial Accountant - Longmeadow
ACDC Dynamics a leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, and tools industry is looking for an experienced and Dynamic Financial Accountant.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Financial Accountant to monitor all financial data and prepare accurate statements for our Company. The responsibilities of the Financial Accountant include budgeting, managing tax payments and performing internal audits. Conduct cost and revenue Analyses. Ultimately the Financial Accountant must ensure that our accounting transactions comply with the law and support our Company’s investments.
- Gather and monitor financial data (e.g sales revenue and liabilities)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statements (balance sheets and income statements)
- Forecast costs and revenues
- Organise internal and external audits
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and per department)
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies
- Conduct detailed risk analyses to assess potential investments
- Analyse financial trends
- Perform month end and year end close processes.
- Allocate, capture and control sundry expenses
- Update fixed asset register on a monthly basis
- Monthly control/clearing accounts balances
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and reviewing of Income Tax Returns, VAT Recons and Returns.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements according to IFRS for SME’s.
- CaseWare drafting of financial statements.
- Managing and coaching a small team. (4-6 staff)
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of IFRS/IFRS for SME’s.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Accounting software essential. Non- Negotiable
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping procedures. Non-Negotiable
- Solid VAT Act, Income Tax and Payroll Tax knowledge. Non- Negotiable
- Drafting of Financial Statements with IFRS/IFRS for SME’s – Non- Negotiable
- CaseWare Financial Statements drafting experience- Beneficial
- People management experience essential. – Non-Negotiable
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time keeping abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Deadline driven
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum BCom Financial Management/BCom Accounting Degree – Non negotiable
- SAIPA or SAICA Articles – Non-Negotiable
- Newly Qualified CA (SA) – Beneficial but not essential.