Careers / Accounts Payable Administrator
Accounts Payable Administrator
Reference Number "LONG-APA-001"
Job Description: ·
An Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for the processing and reconciliation of supplier accounts, as well as resolving any related queries. Accounts Payable Administrators ensure invoices and the accompanying purchase requests are complete — in compliance with the requirements of ACDC’s financial policies and procedures — and enter them in ACDC’s financial information system (AccPac /Syspro); they also receive and review travel expense claims for accuracy; they work to meet weekly and monthly deadlines, and carry out other financial duties related to the payables function as directed by the Senior Bookkeeper/Financial Manager. Each Administrator serves as a resource person to his or her assigned vendors.
Primary Duties or Responsibilities
- Reviews and verifies invoices and their accompanying payment requests to ensure compliance to ACDC’s policies and procedures for such elements as: proper authorisation, applicable matching purchase order or contract, applicable matching goods received note, accuracy and reasonableness of the charge code, tax compliance (valid tax invoices in accordance with SARS guidelines), applicable income tax reporting obligations and presence of accurate banking information;
- Prepares invoice batches and inputs in the accounts payable module of the financial information system on a daily basis to ensure payments are processed in time for the weekly and monthly deadlines;
- Completes full monthly reconciliations of supplier accounts by matching supplier statement with ACDC transaction /ageing report and applying relevant discounts accurately
- Following up with supplier and resolving any queries identified in reconciliation process within 30 days
- Creates and maintains supplier records in the financial information system in accordance with internal financial policies and procedures;
- Completes credit applications for review by the Financial Manager when new vendors are identified, this includes the negotiation of maximum settlement discount and collation of all relevant required supporting documentation for the application
- Timeously requests credit notes from suppliers for price differences identified, short/incorrect supplies
- Seeks clarifications, explanations and/or additional supporting information from submitters of payment requests when warranted;
- Prepares journal entries to record cost allocation or adjustments in the financial system;
- Responds to inquiries from suppliers regarding the status of their payments.
- Classifies and timeously files all relevant supporting documentation and correspondence to either the physical file or to an electronic filing system.
- At least 5 years’ proven working experience as accounts payable clerk (or accounts receivable clerk)
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software · Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in subject line add - Payroll Vacancy