Exciting opportunity to work at ACDC Dynamics, a leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, and tools industry is looking for an experienced and Dynamic Local Buyer.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Buyer with strong industry knowledge of Electrical and Electronic products, who has the ability to forecast market trends. This position reports directly to the Procurement Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Research, select and purchase quality products and materials. Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing. Process requisitions and update management on status of orders. Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
Procurement clerks, also known as purchasing assistants or departmental buyers, take purchase requests from various departments within a company and get price quotes from suppliers. Additionally, their responsibilities include contacting suppliers to schedule deliveries or to discuss shortages or missed deliveries
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Responsible for order placement timing, supply / demand alignment, material replenishment and supplier performance
- Stay in constant touch and reply to phone calls and emails promptly
- Develop sourcing strategies
- Payment terms negotiation, optimization and management
- Maintain contracts with vendors
- Review inventory and update as required
- Receive orders from various departments
- Initiate and keep track of orders
- Receive, inspect and distribute orders
- Reconcile or resolve order discrepancies with supplies.
- Monitor delivery times to ensure timeous deliveries
- Coordinate annual overseas orders.
- Keep daily records -Accounts to be submitted for payment to vendors on time
- Make or purchase policy analysis and recommendations
- Lease or purchase policy evaluation and recommendation
- Solid knowledge in Import & Export essential.
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Matric Certificate with Maths and Accounting as subjects
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related field preferred
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for innovative solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Mature, empathetic and professional
- Possesses integrity and ability to maintain accurate and confidential records
- Able to collaborate with and motivate others
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong negotiation, influential and persuasion skills
- Well spoken and presented
- Personable (outgoing, amiable, pleasing)
- Be polite, courteous and approachable
- Respect the seller and don't waste their time.
- Dynamic, go-getter attitude
IF YOU MEET ALL THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS THEN PLEASE APPLY TODAY TO BE PART OF THE ACDC DYNAMIC TEAM!
Please send updated CV, ID Copy, Drivers License to : firstname.lastname@example.org and in subject line add - Local Buyer Long Meadow