Provides a positive customer experience with fair, friendly, and courteous service. Registers sales on a cash register by scanning items, itemizing and totalling customers' purchases. Resolves customer issues and answers questions.
- Responsible for daily cash ups and balance float.
- Responsible to assist customers with Purchases.
- Accountable for payments for retail Invoicing.
- Responsible for recording all incorrect invoices stipulating reasons.
- Deliver an effective and efficient customer service and assist customers timeously
- Effectively manage time and utilize quiet periods to assist with administration and filing.
- Ensure compliance with the cashier policies and procedures
- Ability to assist when and where needed to ensure excellent customer service
- Responsible for counting the float daily
- Responsible for collecting cash and credit card payments from customers and recording it accurately
- Ensue that the necessary changes are made accurately and efficiently
- Accountable for issuing receipts to customers with invoices
- Responsible for actioning returns as per policy for customers
- Maintain cash control over register drawer and verify amounts are correct.
- Responsible for Banking (cash/cc/eft/credit) daily
- Responsible for completing the necessary change request form from the bank
- Responsible for stamping all paperwork
- Ensure timely ordering of paper rolls for sure swipe machine to ensure business continuity
- Responsible to maintain paper level in copier
- Responsible to ensure office is neat and tidy
- Responsible for handing cash over daily to Administrator with specified amount given and signed for.
- Responsible to sign customers up for Loyalty cards (End User)
- Redeem and assist customers with loyalty card credits.
- Assist with finding reasons for Overs and Unders in the Cash up daily.
- Additional responsibilities deemed necessary by management from time to time
- Assist and participate in all Stock takes.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years cashier experience
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly
- Basic numeracy and computer skills
- Helpful, Courteous approach to resolving complaints
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Ability to assist customers in a professional and helpful manner