Careers / Category Manager Energy Storage Systems – Longmeadow
ACDC Dynamics is the leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps and tools industries. Employing over 1000 staff, ACDC Dynamics has its Head Office in Edenvale, Johannesburg with branches in Germiston, Cape Town, Pinetown and Riverhorse in KZN.
We are looking for a target-driven, dynamic and passionate individual to be part of the sales division and add value to the team. Responsible for maintaining an array of customer accounts as well as achieving high sales targets. Building a strong sustainable relationship with existing as well as new clients.
Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and service providers, with regards to pricing, products and deliveries. Provide Technical support and advice on RSA standards as well as specify products into applications for the Industry
- Analyse the marketplace as well as design and execute a market strategy based on the product offering and which is relative to the client base demographics, by reporting back to the divisional manager on a weekly basis
- Identify and capitalise on new product opportunities by positioning the respective product range in client stores.
- Liaise with Divisional Manager ensuring sales targets are met by responding to client emails and calls within 48 hours, and formulating enquiries and quotes weekly.
- Training clients and staff on products in a structured manner in prearranged intervals and attend monthly training sessions
- Generate new leads and assure that they are followed up by category specialist within 2 – 3 days
- Assure performance analysis of category specialist is done bi-annually.
- Pursue leads that have been presented by the Divisional Manager within 48 hours
- Utilize sample stock, demo suitcases, catalogues and charts to promote respective product awareness with every customer visit
- Manage employer’s expectations, client relationships and always providing these with excellent service and support.
- Evaluate stockholding and market requirements versus potential sales and assure future stock purchases are executed on a monthly basis
- Continuously assist and liaise with any business partner with respects to any exhibition of any type with reference to ACDC Dynamics and available for such an event to assist in ensuring the smooth running of such an expo.
- Attending weekly sales meetings and planning of weekly sales activities.
- Identify possibilities for turnkey projects, and propose turnkey solutions by conducting calls on industry weekly
- Assure Project Tracker is updated weekly
Qualification and Skills:
- B Tech, BSC Electrical advantageous
- 5 years’ experience in sales within an Electrical environment
- Admin or similar role experience
- External Sales Experience
- Experience with South African National Standards
- Excellent Attention to detail and administration skills
- Process Driven and systems orientated individual
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Business acumen demonstrated in task execution
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and perception of urgency
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of PLC, Sensors, Encoders, Control relays and Instrumentation and fieldbus communications
- Design and calculate Motor Starting Applications
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of Variable Speed Drives and Soft Starters
- Medium Voltage networks, drives and soft starters
- Catalogue and short forms
- Supplier Systems Support