Careers / Category Specialist Automation & Drives – Longmeadow
Exciting opportunity to work at ACDC Dynamics, a leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, and tools industry is looking for an experienced and Dynamic Category Specialist Automation and Drives
We are looking for a result-driven Category Specialist automation and Drives responsible for maintaining an array of customer accounts and achieving high sales targets.
Incumbent will be responsible for building strong sustainable relationships with existing as well as new clients. Provide Technical support and advice on RSA standards as well as specify products into applications for Industry.
- Analysis of the marketplace as well as design and execute a market strategy based on their product offering and relative to the client base demographics by reporting back to the divisional manager on a monthly basis.
- Identify and capitalise on new product opportunities by positioning respective product range in client stores.
- Together with respective Category managers, develop product launch programs as well as formulate of customer days or product awareness campaigns within our client portfolio, within one month of the product being received.
- Liaise with Category Manager ensuring sales targets are met by responding to client emails and calls within 48 hours and formulating enquiries and quotes weekly.
- Analysing current marketplace by giving feedback on important market and competitive information to the relevant Category manager on a weekly basis
- Train clients and staff on products in a structured manner in prearranged intervals weekly
- Generate new leads, follow up on leads within 48 hours and execute sales strategies given by category manager and develop existing customers’ weekly
- Utilize sample stock, demo suitcases, catalogues and charts to promote respective product awareness with every customer visit
- Managing employer’s expectations, client relationships and providing these with excellent service and support at all times.
- Feedback all suggestions for improvement via market research to respective Category manager on a weekly basis
- Continuously assist in, as well as liaising with any business partners with respects to any exhibition of any type with reference to ACDC Dynamics and making yourself available for such an event to assist in ensuring the smooth running of such expo Planning as well as submission of weekly calls.
- Reporting on sales activities weekly
- Identify possibilities for turnkey projects, and propose turnkey solutions with the help of the relevant Category/Brand managers, Category/Brand Specialist and Systems Integrators.
- Conduct 4 to 8 weekly calls on industry in order to provide solutions and product offerings.
- 5 years of sales in an electrical environment
- Admin or similar role experience
- External Sales experience
- Experience with South African National Standards
- Product comparison
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Excellent Administration experience
- Strong Personality
- Systems Orientated
- Process Driven
- Solid knowledge of Retail Sales
- Time keeping abilities
- Dynamic, go-getter attitude
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Well spoken and presented
- Personable (outgoing, amiable, pleasing)