Careers / EV Mobility - Sales Engineer
Exciting opportunity to work at ACDC Head Office in Longmeadow. ACDC Dynamics, a leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, and tools industry is looking for an experienced PLC Systems Analyst for Business Development to establish a leading position in the South African EV Charging Market.
We want to enable future mobility by connectivity!
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will be responsible for effectively distilling business opportunities. For that reason, you will need to have a strong business sense of how EV markets will develop in South Africa. Next to acquiring new contracts, you will build up and lead the local Sales and Onboarding and Customer Service Team. To be successful you'll need to have extensive experience in the EV charging ecosystem and understand selling (EV) solutions. You will report directly to the CEO.
- Manage the portfolio of EV Charging of Vehicles for Electric Cars at various Charging Stations around the country and EV Home Chargers
- Influence and execute the commercial business plan and build a leading stronghold
- Marketing and Business Development targeting various industries like Shopping Centres, Government Departments, Petrol Garages and Hotels etc
- Maintaining of Chargers and Software Development for various Chargers
- Work closely with Programmers
- Selling of Chargers for both Commercial and Domestic purposes
- Build and manage a local sales & onboarding team
- Effectively target, develop and acquire new contracts and expand services into an existing account
- Map local industry activity and build strong and valuable partnerships with potential resellers in South Africa
- Increase the visibility in the South African market. Conduct presentations, visit networking events, venues and expo’s
- You actively, accurately and continuously manage your sales funnel based on new and changing developments
Technical Support and Development
- Setup Interfaces with Backoffice for software
- Project Planning
- Installation and Commissioning support for installations
- Trouble shoot breakdown solutions, minimizing and optimizing production cycle time
- Build good business relationship with customer related to service activities
- Site Safety implementation during projects and service work
- Attend site and project meetings
- Oversee successful installation once software is ready to be fully integrated with the Chargers.
- Provide ongoing technical support to users within the company and outside customers, both verbally and by writing or revising operation manuals.
- Minimum National Diploma Electrical / B.Eng. Mechatronics/N4 Electrical Engineering
- 2 – 5 Years’ experience in Automation, EV Charging Industry
- Mechanical, Electronics and Electrical Troubleshooting
- Knowledge of developing, selling, operating and servicing EV charging solutions
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in consultative and solutions selling
- Up-to-date understanding of the South African and EV Charging market and a strong vision of what the key requirements/needs of future propositions are and whom to partner with
- Leadership skills; entrepreneurial and flexible mindset and an open, informal and transparent personality.
- You are a great presenter and representative on venues, expo's, who also feels comfortable in board rooms across the Country.
- Financial and Business acumen to calculate and present valuable long-term business propositions.
- Strong understanding of electrical processes
- Driver’s License and own transport essential
- Strong foresight and analytical thinking skills
- Detail oriented and logical thinker who enjoys working with different machines in combination with computers.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Time keeping abilities and Results Driven
- Ability to work independently on the assigned tasks and own projects end to end, until closure
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good presentation skills
- Quality, focus and team player
- Show Tenacity in difficult circumstances
- Accuracy in execution of tasks
- Good organisational skills
What we offer:
- A competitive and attractive market related salary and benefits
- The opportunity to build and become part of high growth and impactful journey
- Freedom and ownership
IF YOU MEET ALL THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND WANT TO BE PART OF SOUTH AFRICA’S EMOBILITY REVOLUTION, THEN PLEASE APPLY TODAY TO BE PART OF THE ACDC DYNAMIC TEAM!
In case ACDC Dynamics does not respond to your application within 30 days, please consider it was not successful for the role above.