Careers / Export Manager - Longmeadow
ACDC Dynamics is the leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps and tools industries. Employing over 1000 staff, ACDC Dynamics has its Head Office in Edenvale, Johannesburg with branches in Germiston, Cape Town, Pinetown and Riverhorse in KZN. We are recruiting for a Dynamic Export Manager who possesses excellent management skills, driving growth of our brand, who is passionate and produces high quality standards to be part of our team!
The Export Manager/Ambassador is primarily responsible for driving the growth of the ACDC Dynamics brand as well as its partner company, ACDC Express and products within the prescribed area of responsibility namely Southern Africa.
- Manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the country in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process.
- Understanding the financial and currency processes in accordance with end destination policies and law, and to optimise cost-effectiveness of activities.
- Anticipate, research and report on future changes in export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of ACDC department's own strategy, resources and procedures.
- Plan and implement export strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of ACDC Dynamics and its partners.
- Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant export activities and support in relation to the organization's sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies.
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in export activity and procedures.
- Monitor, record, analyse and report on activities, trends, results, and recommendations relating to export activities.
- Manage/liaise with stock control, warehousing and distribution activities influenced by or reliant upon export activities.
- Prepare and submit relevant documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Investigate, plan and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which optimally meet the needs of not only ACDC Dynamics and its suppliers, but the ACDC customers to.
- Plan and manage cross border sales through the various distribution channels.
- Plan and manage cross border exhibitions and shows by means of leveraging your relationships with not only all internal structures at ACDC Dynamics, namely marketing and Brand Managers but utilising strong relations with clients in your prescribed areas of responsibility.
- Plan and manage the effective and necessary conversion of weights, sizes, values, and quality standards interpretations between importing and exporting systems and territories.
- Manage language and communications translation issues and activities as necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of exported products or equipment within the supply chain of the exporter, (for example handling instructions, operating manuals, product training, etc).
- Negotiate sales contracts and manage, renew, or review contracts as and when required to enable effective trading, operations and customer/supplier relations
- Assisting in as well as liaising with any cross-border business partner with respects to any exhibition of any type with reference to ACDC Dynamics as well as ACDC Express and making yourself available for such an event to assist in ensuring the smooth running of such.
- Assist when and where required
- Matric, relevant qualification
- 3-year experience as Export Manager
- Ability to multi-task and work in a highly pressurised environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strategic orientation
- Excellent communication skills