Careers / FINANCE MANAGER - CA (SA)
The purpose of this position is to apply accounting principles and procedures to analyse financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate cost accounting and financial accounting controls and procedures are in place and to provide support and guidance to management on critical and strategic business decisions.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF KEY PERFOMANCE AREAS
- Financial recording and record-keeping and reporting, including preparation of management and statutory information for internal, board-level, and external stakeholder use and interpretation
- Compliance with relevant statutory and other legislation
- Safeguarding the assets and interests of the company and its shareholders by advising the MD, board, and other stakeholders about the financial health of the organization
- Implementing the principles of transparency and good corporate governance as they apply to the financial function
- Participating in and contributing to investment and other strategic decision making
- Establish and maintain accounting procedures.
- Debtors, Creditors & Cash flow management
- Develop and maintain budgeting database.
- Foreign exchange management – Exposure reports, Hedging transactions, correct costing etc.
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Responsible for the following departments activities:
- Credit control
- Determining actual cost of manufacturing through analysis:
- Generation of cost variance reporting and analysis of findings
- Analyze and report profit margins
- Identify and recommend cost effective solutions
- Identification of fixed and variable cost and effective allocation thereof.
- Performance managing of staff to ensure that they consistently meet the high standards expected of them.
- At least 10 years’ experience in similar role
- Strong MS office especially Excel knowledge
- Strong report writing and interpretation skills
- Ability to manage and maintain full function accounting
- Good managerial skills
- Must be in possession of a Management/Cost Accounting Degree
- Must have strong cost accounting background
- Minimum of 5-8years operational financial management experience
- 2-3years people management experience with team
- Advanced working experience of MS Office, specifically MS Excel
- Experience with ERP systems (Syspro will be advantageous)
- Knowledge of Legislation (Tax, Company law, IFRS, BBBEE, etc)
- Knowledge of Auditing
- Knowledge of MIS (systems development)
- High Business Acumen
BEHAVIOURAL DIMENSION REQUIRED
- Well organised, efficient, self-motivated, and dependable
- Must have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to maintain internal and external relationships
- Well-developed arithmetic skills
- Self-driven and capable of working alone
- Analytical ability
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Pro-active problem solver
- Abstract reasoning