Careers / Handyman – Longmeadow
ACDC Dynamics Longmeadow is a leading retailer of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, tools, and solar industry.
We are looking for a skilled and reliable Handyman to join our maintenance department. You will be responsible for all upkeep and repair duties including maintaining green spaces, identifying the need for repairs, responding to maintenance requests, and servicing company equipment.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As handyman you will report to the operations manager and assist with all maintenance requests.
- Perform basic tasks including painting and filling crevices, clean facilities and managing maintenance repairs
- Perform repairs on company machinery, equipment, or appliances
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs
- Regularly check spaces to identify issues with litter, mechanical failure, or breakdowns
- Respond to maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner
- Repair plumbing, electrical and safety systems
- Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalk
- Oversee the sprinkler system and trash containers on the company premises.
- Conduct performance assessments of company appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, ovens, and coffee makers
- Provide support and guidance on maintaining equipment
- Grade 12 Certificate
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a similar role
- Solid experience with plumbing and electrical systems
- Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment
- Extremely organized with good communication skills
- Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem-solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and Administration skills