Careers / IBT Supervisor - Longmeadow
ACDC Dynamics, a leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, and tools industry is looking for an experienced IBT SUPERVISOR.
To dispatched stock to branches that are:
- In a good condition, item and packaging with correct paperwork.
- Pack in such a manner that there is no risk to the stock.
- Ensure that the correct items are being despatched.
- Ensure the correct quantity are being despatched.
- The minimum required quantity is dispatched.
- Customer’s orders are done daily.
- The minimum stock orders are done daily, and where possible extra stock orders to be completed.
- No discrepancies!!
IBT Picking & Checking
- No damaged packaging. If no other stock is available, Supervisor to inform his manager who will contact branch and send photos and ascertain if the stock must still be sent. Where possible re-pack.
- No brown tape/or fragile labels directly on labels and stock.
- For stock orders and where quantity is available full boxes. Ensure that quantity is change on Branch Requisition.
- All stock must have labels.
- Ensure the box size is correct for the stock.
- Ensure that shredded paper is used inside the boxes to reduce breakages.
- Ensure that that the bottom of the box is secure.
For customer orders, Long Meadow will dispatch all their stock holding and pick out of Long Meadow retail.
For stock order Long Meadow will dispatch only 25% of our stock holding and will not pick out of Long Meadow retail. Where possible box quantities will be dispatch to minimise the risk breakage
Packing of the pallets. (Where possible pack Customer orders on separate pallet & make sure that the Pallet label shows Customer orders)
- Pack the stock efficiently to minimise the cost of transport.
- Sort the boxes beforehand.
- No heavy stock on fragile stock like light bulbs etc.
- Ensure that the correct pallet packing list is used & pallets are labelled. (Stock Order and Customer Order)
- Ensure that the transfer numbers is on the pallet packing list.
- Ensure that the transfer documents is secure on the pallet and is easy obtainable.
- Ensure that the pallet is packed in such a manner that the stock is secure.
- Ensure that bubble wrapped is used to protect the stock.
- Ensure that the pallet is wrapped properly to secure the stock.
- Ensure that the correct labels are used, KZN and Cape Town.
- If the stock is at high risk ensure the pallet is clearly marked with the Fragile Stickers.
- Ensure the security tape (ACDC Tape) is used to seal all pallets.
- Please ensure that photo’s is taken off high value item or large items that are of high risk, large panels etc.
- Ensure that pallets are inspected before loading.
Pack the pallets in such a manner as you would like to receive it.
Transfer and Capturing.
- All transfer checks to be done immediately when received and get taken back for final check.
- All daily reports to be sent to manager before going home.
- Weekly reports & backorder reports cleared and handed in before cut-off on a Friday
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong customer services.
- Must be able to work in a pressurised environment and be deadline and target-driven
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Must be able to manage own time, effectively
- Excellent attention to detail is definite
- Confidentiality and integrity are non-negotiable