Careers / Inventory Controller - Longmeadow
Exciting opportunity to work at our Longmeadow Branch. ACDC Dynamics, a leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, and tools industry is looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Inventory Controller/Asst Branch Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are looking for an Inventory Controller to assist the Branch Manager.
Managing inventory levels by developing management systems, maintain stock levels, and coordinate the logistics of orders and transfers.
- Forecasting supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock
- Submitting purchase details (vendors information, invoices and pricing) to internal databases
- Placing orders to replenish merchandise as needed
- Overseeing inventory audits and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing.
- Ultimately, you will increase profitability and effectiveness by always maintaining optimal stock levels of quality products.
- Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed
- Track shipments and address any delays
- Evaluate suppliers’ offers and negotiate profitable deals
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Employee Schedules, including back up plans for peak hours, vacation, sick time, training, etc.
- Ensures proper opening and closing of the retail location
- Achieving goals by leading the Sales team
- Drives success by ensuring employees follow the sales process.
- Assists customers, handles customer escalations and promotes a positive customer experience.
- Assists in the training of all retail staff of company sales procedures/policies, promotions, incentives, etc.
- Maintains desired store appearance according to company standards.
- Maintain adequate levels of inventory to support sales traffic.
- Participates in month-end inventory reconciliation and audits.
- Coaching retail sales staff. Positively influences and motivates all employees by maintaining a team approach in the day-to-day management of all employees. Addresses performance issues to ensure quality and efficiency in the sales process.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings to communicate company trends, happenings, performance statistics and standards.
- Demonstrates technical competence for products and services sold.
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller/Asst Store Manager or similar role
- At least 5 years in Retail sales/management environment
- Able to work retail hours and opening/closing of the Store
- Staff scheduling, training, motivation and discipline
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (Syspro)
- Active participation in inventory audits
- Excellent organization skills
- Good communication and negotiation abilities
- Matric, Business Administration/Management or relevant field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time keeping abilities
- Leadership and Motivational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Target sales driven
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Show Tenacity in difficult circumstances
- Good organisational and Admin skills
IF YOU MEET ALL THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS THEN PLEASE APPLY TODAY TO BE PART OF THE ACDC DYNAMIC TEAM!
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in subject line add – Inventory Controller - Longmeadow