Careers / Inventory Controller - Longmeadow
To identify, investigate & resolve any stock queries in International & Local receiving.
To monitor the reports and to ensure that all lines on a shipment has been checked and moved out of the receiving cages in the shortest possible time.
To ensure that any stock received into local receiving has been moved/transferred out within 24 hours
To ensure that any shipments received into international receiving has been moved out within a week where possible
To ensure that all back orders & IBT’s has been picked in the shortest possible time
To ensure that there is no stock left behind in the receiving cages (on the reports) after a line has been moved/transferred.
To ensure that all discrepancies, both in international & in local receiving has been raised correctly as per company procedures and is submitted in the timeframe allowed.
To follow up on outstanding discrepancies and to ensure that they are resolved.
To prepare & assist in stock takes in local and international receiving.
To provide training to receiving staff where possible.
To ensure that all GRN’s has been done A.S.A.P
To prepare both local & international receiving for Syspro
WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES ON A DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY BASIS:?
- Update the spreadsheet for both local & international receiving. (Stock holding, transfers entered not posted & discrepancies)
- Running of daily reports
- Discrepancies – both local & international
- General stock control (transfers/adjustment requests/labeling/Bin requests)
- Variances (Stock left behind in local or international)
- Ensure the required amount of stock has been picked, checked, correctly packed and transferred to complete back orders & IBT’s
- Ensure that the remaining stock on a line has been moved out of local-/international after the back orders and IBT’s has been completed.
- Signing off on any problem stock in local- or international receiving, and informing the inventory manager about this.
- Investigating all no-stocks and problem stocks signed for.
- Weekly reports ( BOF; OBSOLETE; OUTSTANDING DISCREPANCIES; IN TRANSIT; BACKORDERS WITH STOCK; TRANSFERS ENTERED NOT POSTED; STOCK HOLDING )
- Month-end reports
- How do you measure yourself to see if you’re performing your responsibilities correctly and timeously:
- Ensuring that your daily/weekly and monthly reports are cleared on time and accurately
- Doing spot checks on any lines still showing in local- or international receiving
- By the decrease in stock problems/ unresolved issues
- Less number of queries raised against local- and international receiving
- Controlling of the complete inventory in both local – and international receiving, ensuring that we maintain the ACDC standards & achieving the required goals.
- HOW WOULD THE COMPANY BE ABLE TO MEASURE YOU:?
- By your weekly/monthly reports (Cleared)
- By the decrease in the number of stock items left behind on your reports
- By the increase & accuracy of stock being send out of local-& international receiving.
- Less picking and checking errors, increasing customer satisfaction.
- Successful Stock takes