Careers / IT Support - Longmeadow
ACDC Dynamics is the leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps and tools industries. Employing over 1000 staff, ACDC Dynamics has its Head Office in Edenvale, Johannesburg with branches in Germiston, Cape Town, Pinetown and Riverhorse in KZN. We are recruiting for a Dynamic IT Support that has relevant experience, can function in a highly pressurised environment and customer centric approach to resolving problems.
Maintaining and monitoring the computer systems and networks. Solving complex technical issues and collaborate with team members to assist them with their technical requirements.
- Install and configure software and computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware.
- Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems.
- Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Establish accounts for new users on various applications and assist with password or login problems.
- Test, evaluate, and make decisions about new technology.
- Provide technical support to employees ensuring timely resolutions to problems
- Design systems and assess the effectiveness of technology resources
- Determine the practicality of changes and modification of systems.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and the potential effectiveness of these advancements
- Review diagnostics and assess the functionality and efficiency of systems
- Implement security measures
- Monitor security certificates and company compliance of requirements
- Install and update company software and hardware as needed
- Anticipate and report the cost of replacing or updating computer items
- Diploma or related course in Information Technology.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Knowledge of ACPAC
- Knowledge of networking