Careers / Junior IT Support - Cape Town
ACDC Dynamics is the leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps and tools industries. Employing over 1000 staff, AC/DC Dynamics has its Head Office in Edenvale, Johannesburg with branches in Germiston, Cape Town, Pinetown and Riverhorse in KZN.
Job – Specification
Maintaining and monitoring the computer systems and networks. Solving complex technical issues and also collaborate with team members to assist them with their technical requirements.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Install and configure software and computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware.
- Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems.
- Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Establish accounts for new users on various applications and assist with password or login problems.
- Test, evaluate, and make decisions about new technology.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Basic knowledge of ACPAC
- Basic knowledge of networking