Careers / Payroll Administrator - Longmeadow
Exciting opportunity to work at ACDC Dynamics, a leading manufacturer, importer, and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, and tools industry is looking for Payroll Administrator (Wages/Salaries)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The payroll administrator's duties include the management of employee data, ensuring the accuracy of timesheets, computing wages, and ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time.
- End to end processing of weekly and monthly payroll(s).
- Various data capturing as required
- Verifying of all payroll info before processing
- On-going maintenance of payroll system and leave planning system
- Processing increases and calculation of back pays.
- Conducting month end consolidation.
- Reconciliation and payment of payroll and group tax.
- Calculating annual leave.
- Review time sheets, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Calculation and payment of termination payments.
- Monthly submission of SDL/ PAYE and UIF reports.
- Undertaking required reporting, both internal and statutory reporting.
- Preparation and ensure monthly and weekly reports on payroll are processed.
- Generate employee pay slips
- Administration of provident and medical aid applications
- Processing and reconciliation of company expense claims
- Annual submission of Workman’s Compensation Fund
- Capturing, completion and submission of EMP201 reports
- Liaise with service providers
- Handling staff queries regarding payroll and HR by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers etc.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Work closely with Human Resources Manager and assist with any ad hoc human resources functions
- Ensure that take – on process of new employees are done properly
- Assist with drafting and issuing of employment contracts
- Annually process IRP documentation to employees
- Filing of all documentation handled
- Pro-actively identify any problems that could arise from payroll related issues
- Assist in compiling HR reports and statistics
- Effectively handle any Labour Department queries
- Stand – in for HR department colleague(s) in their absence
- 3+ years of experience working in a payroll office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll software programs.
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Proven work experience as a Payroll Administrator or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll software programs
- Time keeping abilities
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure