Careers / Senior Web Developer - Long Meadow
Exciting opportunity to work at our Head Office based in Longmeadow. ACDC Dynamics, a leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, and tools industry is looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Web Developer.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Senior Developer who can [provide complete software design, development and API integration. You should confidently scope, design and implement end to end solutions for our business units. Join us as we develop industry leading solutions.
- Scope, Plan, Design and Review end to end solutions:
- Advise on the evaluation and impact analysis of major design options.
- Engage with Information Technology support teams and business stakeholders to scope plan and design end to end solutions
- Define and Develop complex code:
- Produce outline system specifications using solution designs, functional specifications or technical specifications as input, including input into scope, constraints (such as performance or resources), hardware, network and software environments and depending on the complexity of the project or change, might need to get the different resources from the different BU’s.
- Produce specifications for systems functions, information flows, data loads, implementation strategy, phasing of development, requirements not met and alternatives considered.
- Database design or database administration teams to translate object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints.
- Conduct quality assurance and approve developed code linked to supply specifications for production deployment.
- Conduct Testing across various IT platforms:
- Prepare test cases for unit testing purposes and review test cases as produced by other developers for unit testing purposes as required.
- Conduct unit testing and fix detected errors. Testing can be done on own work as well as on that of other colleagues in the team.
- Develop technical support documentation within agreed standards.
- Document all work done as per standards, methods and tools used in the bank for application development.
- Ensure adherence to release methodology and technical change management procedures for all changes.
- Manage project timelines for new developments and agreed service level timelines for repairing defects.
- Drive Continuous improvement:
- Coach colleagues on technical aspects of development, controls, and documentation standards as well as on engaging effectively.
- Perform quality assurance on the work completed. Quality assurance can cover code developed as well as supporting documents and test plans.
- B.Sc Computer Science or relevant 3 year degree
- Minimum of 5 years web, api and database development experience
- AWS Cloud Fundamentals Certified - beneficial Syspro custom
- API integration Java Development experience - 4 to 5 years
- Development Framework experience
- Analyses and Design Experience 2 to 4 years’ experience
- Deployment pipeline experience 1 to 2 years’ experience
- Version Control - 2 to 3 years’ experience
- Code Quality and peer review experience
- Agile and scrum experience
- Cognitive Automation experience beneficial - AWS cognitive experience
- Chatbot or Conversational Bot experience beneficial
- AWS DynamoDB – single table
- React Native
- CSS-in-JS (Styled Components)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time keeping abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Show Tenacity in difficult circumstances
- Good organisational skills
IF YOU MEET ALL THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS THEN PLEASE APPLY TODAY TO BE PART OF THE ACDC DYNAMIC TEAM!