Solar Excel Intermediate course (P1)– Online
Accredited with 2.5CPD points through the Engineering Council of South Africa
This 2.5 day online solar PV design-and-install course was created to address the need for organisations or small businesses that require information on sizing, assessing and the installation of solar PV Systems..
Any practical parts to the course will be pre-recorded and form part of the series of videos.
Who Should Attend?
- The content is ideal for experienced candidates, engineers, and electricians as well as organisations thinking of approaching the RE sector.
- Solar Excite advisable for a no electrical person.
- Candidates that register for the online course are expected to watch a series of videos before attending a live webinar where various principles are discussed, and example calculations are done.
The course is intended for an online and distance learning environment and consists of approximately 20 hrs of content of which 2 hrs have been recorded into video sessions, broken down into:
Module Outcomes- Webinar
After having attended this course, students should have a clear understanding of the fundamentals of a solar PV system, including various components, brands, and functions of equipment.
- PV Technology
- Circuit breakers
- System Calculations and Design
- Standards and Regulations
- Electrical principles
Due to constant rapid changes in the industry, it is very important that installers and salespeople’s knowledge remains up to date. The Level 1 Test Certificate has a validity of 12 months and certificate holders will be required to renew their certificates every 12 months with AREP.
- Certificate for attendance is issued on completion of the 2day online training session.
- Level 1 Test Certificate is issued on completion of the Level1 online assessment. The pass mark is 80%. The Level 1 test is a theoretical test, testing, amongst other, knowledge of Solar PV principles