Careers / Transformer Winder - Longmeadow
ACDC Dynamics a leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of quality products in the electrical, electronics, pumps, and tools industry is looking for an experienced and Dynamic Transformer Winder for our Transformer Workshop.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
"Manufacture air cooled power transformers with a maximum power rating of 100KVA (single phase and three phase) at a maximum voltage of a 1000V"
Operate a transformers winding machine to manufacture transformers by winding copper as required by the manufacturing job design specifications and standards. This role is part of the transformer manufacturing workshop process.
- Receive and check job design sheet as well as the required material.
- Prioritize job according to customer delivery date
- Draw copper wire from store
- Inform the supervisor or manager if the material does not correspond with the job design or if required copper wire is not available or if copper wire is found to be problematic, faulty or wrongly labelled or if the job cannot proceed for any reason.
- Set up and operate machine to wind copper according to the job design sheet.
- Wind as per Job design
- Ensure tests meet requirements and authorized before job completion
- Transfer completed transformers to the Assemblers
- Ensure all relevant fields are correctly filled in on the job design and production sheet at the start and finish of the job.
- Inform the supervisor or manager if required material is not available and if service delivery could be compromised.
- Follow scrap wire process if bobbin has to be stripped for copperware.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks associated with the repair and assembly of transformers
- Stack and assemble coils
- Safely operate material handling equipment including pallet jacks, forklifts, and overhead cranes
- Winds coils used in electrical equipment and instruments or as electronic components, according to wiring diagrams.
- Reviews wiring diagrams and work order or examines sample coil to ascertain type and size of wire specified, and type, size, length, circumference, and primary and secondary windings of coil to be wound.
- Threads end of wire from reel through tension device, guides, and spreader, bends wire ends to form lead, and attaches lead to coil core.
- Turns setscrews to adjust tension on wire and sets counter for number of turns specified.
- Starts machine and manually feeds wire over coil core or spreader to obtain even and uniform winding and shape of coil.
Observes counter and stops machine at specified number of coils.
- Wraps insulation between layers and around wound coil or inserts plastic blocks between turns to form cooling ducts.
- Cuts wire to form leads, using wire or bolt cutters.
- Pounds coil with hammer or mallet to shape end windings or remove coil from fixtures.
- Must be literate with numerical ability
- At least 5 years exp in Electrical and manufacturing environment
- Previous experience winding
- Matric Certificate or equivalent
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules and regulations
- A motivated, self-starter that can get tasks accomplished with limited supervision
- Efficiently use tape measures and power tools
- Basic ability to read, comprehend, and communicate in English
- May require some overtime and weekend work as business needs dictate
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must possess General knowledge of Electrical/Electronic Components, their corresponding values and schematic symbols.
- Read and understand Blueprints, wire charts, etc.
- Must be a team player and can communicate clearly with others.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time Management is critical
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work within a structured, disciplined environment
- Reliable, Honest, and positive attitude
Pay based on previous work history and experience.
IF YOU MEET ALL THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS THEN PLEASE APPLY TODAY TO BE PART OF THE ACDC DYNAMIC TEAM!