Careers / Visual Merchandiser
ACDC Dynamics is looking for a creative Visual Merchandiser to increase sales, get buyer’s attention and to provide an excellent in-store experience. The goal is to use visual merchandising to increase instore conversion, drive branding and sales objectives and maximize profitability. You will be based at our head office in Longmeadow, however this role requires extensive travel across our network of stores.
- Proven work experience as a visual merchandiser or visual manager
- Demonstrable visual design skills with a strong retail merchandising portfolio
- Solid experience in field visual merchandising, including displays, signs, interior displays and space utilisation
- Knowledge of current visual merchandising trends, tools and best practices
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Ability to analyse sales merchandising reports and survey results
- Diploma / Degree in visual merchandising, visual communications, consumer science or similar
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools would be an advantage
The responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Defining, designing and implementing a creative visual merchandising strategy that communicates and builds the brand though various displays and in-store merchandising. Including but not limited to displays, signs, interior display, floor plans and promotional and seasonal displays
- Creating appealing and eye-catching visual displays that lead the customer through the entire store
- Producing displays, signs, interior displays, floor plans and special promotions displays Identify key messages and set a clear image of the end result
- Come up with, revise and present design ideas Act in alignment to the organization’s culture, products, image and target market
- Monitor costs and work within budget
- Oversee the production and brief staff on arranging displays
- Develop and maintain the Visual Merchandising Standards Manual, and train retail staff to implement the manual for store to store consistency
- Change displays to promote new product launches and reflect festive or seasonal themes Liaise with suppliers and source elements Research lifestyle, demographics and design trends
- Implement, monitor and report on merchandising of specials, promotions and new products across all stores.
- Leading and motivating teams to complete displays to tight deadlines
- Assist with new store openings and ensure that all standards and procedures are being achieved
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence to the companies merchandising strategy and principles through the merchandising standards manual.
- Creating visual merchandising packs to communicate visual guidelines including layout principles, visual dressing and signage.
- Ensure that all stores are adhering to the merchandising principles by opening up the lines of communication and conducting store visits to supervise the implementation of visual merchandising plans
- Monitor and report on store compliance Adhere to role policies, standard operating procedures and administration
- Implement new software and procedures as and when required.
- Assist with product displays for events and exhibitions
- Adhoc requests as and when required